23 March, 2014

It's often a struggle to pack sensibly when travelling (understatement of the century). In a quest to evolve into a wiser, more mature version of myself, one of my goals is to hone in my packing skills. What better way to inspire my evolution than to seek a little guidance from a couple of ladies that knew how to keep it simple, stylish and chic?!
As you're probably all aware by my many Facebook updates and Tweets of joy, I'm heading to the French Riviera this weekend!! >WEEHEE<  I'll be sharing the best things to see, do, eat and experience. I thought I'd share with you a couple of vintage style icons that will be inspiring my Riviera wardrobe.
Vintage French Riviera Fashion Icons
Brigitte Bardot: Frequently photographed frolicking on the yachts or at the Cannes Film Festival, Bardot sported her simplistic, comfy, easy to throw on and perfectly nautical style. Above: Capri Trousers from Zara, The original Breton Stripe top by the Breton Shirt Company, Marc by Marc Jacobs Gold Ballet Shoes.
 
 Marilyn Monroe: Although she never made it to Cannes, Marilyn Monroe was chosen to be the face of the 65th anniversary of Cannes Film Festival. Marilyn stepping off the aeroplane in her effortless black dress and cats eye glasses, what a look! Valentino Sunglasses, Double Layer Midi Column Dress at River Island, Drop Sleeve Cashmere Coat from Jaeger
Grace Kelly: You can't mention Monaco without mentioning the style, allure and elegance of Grace Kelly. Hollywood actress turn Princess of Monaco will forever be synonymous with class and sophistication, her style is enviable even when photographed relaxing in slacks and a shirt. Sailor Blouse from 20th Century Foxy, High-waisted trousers from River Island, Sandals at JD Williams.

Next
Newer Post
Previous
This is the last post.